Home - FOSTPL.org
U.S. Virgin Islands, April 8 - The Department of Planning and Natural Resources Division of Libraries, Archives and Museums (DPNR DLAM) will observe National Library Week (April 13-19) throughout the territory April 14-16, 2014. This year's theme, "Lives Change @ Your Library", celebrates the transformative impact of the public library outreach services of the Regional Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. Under the auspices of the Library of Congress' National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, the Regional Library delivers critical services and assistive devices to special needs patrons of all ages territory-wide. The Regional Library provides audiotaped books and cassettes free of charge and more recently the Library has transitioned to the digital age with the introduction of digital players and books under the Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD) program and the BARD mobile app.
UniteForLiteracy.com offers free online books for children!
Jan. 13, 2014 – The public is encouraged to attend the Friends of Elaine I. Sprauve Library's annual meeting at 6:30 p.m., on Thursday, January 23, at the library. The meeting will include a brief annual review of the Friend's initiatives followed by presentations by two guest speakers, Gilbert A. Sprauve on "The Virgin Islands as a Caribbean Cultural Village” and Mark Sullivan on “The Digital Library of the Caribbean.”
- PHOTOS: Turnbull Regional Library "Candyland Christmas"
- Turnbull Regional Library hosts "Candyland Christmas" for children December 23
- FOSTPL Contributes to Holiday Decor for Turnbull Library
- Photos: Children's and Young Adult Rooms at Turnbull Regional Library
- Children’s, Young Adult Rooms & Von Scholten Collection Open at Charles W. Turnbull Regional Library
- ST THOMAS SOURCE: St. Thomas Bookmobile Resumes Service