Home - FOSTPL.org
The Charles W. Turnbull Regional Library has yet to be officially christened, but it's open for business as of Monday, June 17, 2013! Both staff and management were on hand to greet eager library lovers to the brand-new facility located above the Tutu Park Mall on St. Thomas.
According to an article published in the VI Source, the Charles W. Turnbull Regional Library will open with limited services on Monday, June 17, 2013. Hours will be 9am to 5pm in the General Reading Room only; the St. Thomas Bookmobile will offer services to young adults and children just outside the library.
A 'soft launch' of the new St. Thomas library in Tutu (to be named the Charles Wesley Turnbull Regional Library) has been set for June 2013, according to an article in the VI Source online newspaper.
Department of Planning and Natural Resources (DPNR) Commissioner Alicia Barnes was joined by Public Works Commissioner Darryl Smalls in addressing a number of issues including structural and staffing concerns. The official launch is planned for October of this year.
- Introducing the Digital Public Library of America
- 7th Annual Read on the Green
- Sen. Tregenza Roach requests update on library opening
- Library hearing reveals poor funding, staffing
- Senator Millin Young joins public outcry due to lack of library services on St. Thomas
- Read Across America 2013 at Family Connection, Tutu Park Mall